PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Relationship Management Associate (Consultant Relations) position is one that is intended to leverage the time of the more senior GIS-NA consultant relations professionals through the successful execution of a wide variety of technical and professional services – all with the goal of fostering positive relationships with important institutional investment consultants. In addition, the RMA will facilitate market intelligence projects for the consultant relations team, help coordinate their market-facing activities and act as a key communications hub as related these activities.
The longer-term objective for a successful candidate in this role is use the mentoring experiences of the RMA role to gain the skills required to eventually become a market-facing consultant relations professional with specific coverage responsibilities for their own set of institutional investment management consultants.
Trip Planning and Inter- and Intra-Departmental Coordination: Collaborates with senior market-facing professionals to coordinate portfolio manager/portfolio specialist “road shows” to ensure that these trips are well planned and that the time of these investment professionals is allocated to its highest/best use. This will involve coordination with associates inside of the GIS organization and also the USIS organization.
Pre-Meeting Preparation: Collaborates with senior market-facing professionals in advance of meetings to determine meeting content and direction. Independently conducts research, synthesizes data / information in a purposeful format and prepares the relationship owner to deliver content. Internal research will rely upon the establishment of strong partnerships across the firm. External research may include white papers, competitor information, web analysis, industry publications, etc.
Post-Meeting and Ad Hoc Follow-Up: Collaborates with more senior relationship management professionals to manage information requests that may result from formal (internal and external) meetings with consultant or that may occur in an ad hoc manner on any given day. Included may be reports, research, or other materials to meet their needs and further deepen the relationship.
Will liaise with TRP shared services teams and, as directed by the relationship owner, will interact with consultants directly to ensure that the inquiry is addressed in a professional/timely manner.
The RMA will serve in a facilitation role in connection with requests for which the primary responsibility for the ultimate deliverable resides with a party outside of GIS but, nevertheless, the additional perspective and oversight that can be provided by the RMA is deemed desirable. Examples of this kind of activity could include Request for Proposal or Due Diligence Questionnaire logistical planning, the preparation of unique or non-standard presentation materials, reporting, etc.
Uses excellent judgment in involving the relationship owner in issues, provides solutions to problems. May manage global coordination efforts.
Research: Manages the process for and conducts post-meeting debriefs. Utilizes data acquired internally along with commercial research as appropriate, to identify and communicate emerging marketplace trends to key stakeholders (market / competitive / strategy analysis, market intelligence, etc.)
On-Site Meeting Management: Works with the GIS-NA Consultant Relations team and leverages resources in Shared Services, GIS Global Marketing, and the Administrative Assistant team to plan on-site client meetings. Plays an active participant role in the meetings through facilitation activities and seeking information from and sharing information with clients.
- 3 years relevant industry experience; investment marketing and/or institutional marketplace
- Demonstrated skills, competencies and interest for a client facing career path
- Possesses CFA or is pursuing this accreditation
- Service orientation
- Natural sense of urgency
- Project Management, or Marketing skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Investment acumen - knowledge of factors impacting investment market behaviors
- Demonstrated ability to work with and adapt communication approaches for all levels of management
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to work within a complex matrix
- Well organized and results focused
- Ability to multi-task across strategic and tactical projects and work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to flex between project where small details are significant to those where bigger picture factors are more important
- Must pursue series 7 and 63 once hired
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or