DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 200® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. DaVita Kidney Care treats patients with chronic kidney failure. DaVita—which is Italian for "giving life"—has more than 68,000 teammates around the nation working to provide superior patient care and exemplify the company’s Core Values: Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and FUN!
This position is responsible for overseeing the overall management of multiple facilities in designated areas including financial management, risk management, quality assurance compliance, patient care management, and teammate management. The Regional Director provides leadership and direction to assure safe, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care and positive teammate relations.
- P&L responsibility up to 50M.
- Lead and inspire a team of 200 teammates. Inspire your team of approximately 10-12 direct reports (clinic leaders) to improve clinical outcomes and quality of care for patients.
- Strategically grow DaVita’s market share with acquisitions, JVs and new facility openings.
- Lead a growing, socially responsible business that strives to be the role model for American Healthcare.
- Purpose and fulfillment by directly impacting patients care and lives.
Full supervisory responsibilities for Facility Administrators within assigned region and Regional Office Coordinator including but not limited to hiring, termination, disciplinary procedures, mentoring, professional development, annual review, salary increases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Maintain a liaison relationship between the regional office and the corporate office through attendance at meetings and through both written and oral communication
- Ensure prompt corrective action is implemented with cost, safety and patient care as priorities for the facilities, equipment and systems
- Oversee design and construction of new units and unit expansions/renovations
- Participate with due diligence team for potential acquisitions either within or outside the division or the region
- Oversee the transitional process of new acquisitions either within or outside the division or the region
- Develop and maintain an open line of communication with administrators and staff through staff meetings or written memorandums
- Understand and follow DaVita patient and employment policies and procedures
- Moderate to heavy travel
- Formulate regional budget of overall operational expenses in accordance with DaVita policies
- Review, authorize and monitor expenditure reports in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Prepare and submit exceptions to budgetary compliance to Divisional Vice President
- Provide training on DaVita policies and procedures to staff (including new Facility Administrators) to ensure compliance with financial standards
- Review payroll reports for compliance to company and regulatory agency policies
- Review patient and treatment charge reports to ensure ethical, accurate, and timely submission of charges for region
Risk Management/Quality Assurance Compliance
- Ensure that each unit meets all internal and external Standards of Conduct as well as all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that appropriate state and federal agency compliance is reported. (i.e. Medicare, State Licensing Boards, etc.)
- Coordinate internal audit visits, data collection and reporting per company policy
- Ensure the creation and implementation of any corrective action needed as a result of internal or external quality assurance, Medicare, OSHA, or other governing agency audit
- Ensure compliance with state Worker Compensation and OSHA safety training requirements
- Oversee quality assurance activities (timely reporting, follow-up, distribution)
- Oversee compliance with DaVita policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services (Medicare or other governing agencies)
- Oversee compliance with state or federal regulations of the Injury Prevention and Safety Training Program.
Patient Care Management
- Participate with Medical Directors to ensure suitable treatment modality for all patients (i.e. transplantation, dialysis, peritoneal dialysis).
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and followed for continuity of planned care when patients are transferred to other facilities.
- Participate with Medical Director in development and revision of patient care policy and procedure manual.
- Ensure proactive, high quality communication with physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare professionals regarding patient care
- Ensure that management staff understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment in dialysis and nursing services
- Plan, organize and supervise all clinical and bio-medical support staff(s) to ensure high quality, cost effective patient care
- Direct and approve staffing plans to promote the maximum use of all personnel and the reduction or addition of staff based upon patient load ratios and company guidelines
- Ensure that continuing education programs are offered to keep staff up-to-date on nursing practices, universal precautions, worker/patient safety etc.
- Responsible for all teammate activity such as hiring, promotions, performance evaluations, salary increases, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals from the Divisional Vice President and/or People Services Managers and Directors; includes all Triple Crown bonus reviews, Compensation Planner reviews, personnel action notice approvals
- Ensure that the performance evaluation program meets company guidelines and that personnel files are maintained
- Conduct regular staff meetings with Facility Administrators or other program facilitators as necessary