As part of the clinical program in Spine Rehabilitation, the Clinical Program Coordinator will collect clinical data regarding patient treatments and evaluations; complete patient scheduling using EPIC, obtain financial clearance, manage insurance pre-authorizations and denials; manage both electronic and paper records; patient evaluations; design and create and maintain electronic databases; perform statistical analyses; prepare reports and presentations; and carry out other related duties. This position will report directly to the Clinic Manager, and ultimately, the medical director of Spine Rehabilitation. This position is also responsible for administrative support for the spine team providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collect patient clinical and treatment information from paper-based and electronic medical records
* Create and update standard operating procedures (SOP) for clinical processes based on an existing knowledge and understanding of relevant processes
* Create new data collection forms and revise existing data forms and progress notes
* Verify insurance, obtain pre-authorizations and resolve insurance denials
* Coordinate Spine Procedure appointments with multiple providers based on individualized care plan using EPIC
* Design and develop electronic database to store data from collection forms
* Data entry and management using electronic database and other computer software
* Track and assess quality and completeness of data entry and abstraction; immediately raise potential concerns with supervisors
* Maintain an organized filing system for electronic and paper-based records associated with the clinic
* Maintain compliance with HIPAA and ensure protection of patients' personal health information
* Regularly update clinical and administrative staff, verbally and in writing, of progress with assigned tasks * Communicate effectively and collaborate with clinical and administrative staff who are directly and indirectly involved in patient care delivery to achieve clinical goals in an efficient and effective manner
* Able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines and utilize good time management
* Take initiative and anticipate and respond to staff and patient needs based on awareness of routine and repeated job functions
* Demonstrate and serve as a role model for a positive work environment, including high motivation, positive attitude, and good judgment, tact, and sensitivity in all interpersonal interactions with all staff, physicians, fellows, students and patients
* Create and edit correspondence to patients and outside providers
* Proactively seek to improve or optimize work flow and discuss with coordinator/supervisor as appropriate * Respond to and triage phone calls from patients as well as internal and external providers and facilities.
* Provide administrative support with respect to scheduling, preparing for meetings, editing and tracking correspondence, filing and retrieving information
* Resolve scheduling conflicts
* Ensure that the faculty are fully prepared for meetings and appearances by coordinating, collecting and providing materials in a timely fashion.
* Proofread and edit correspondence sent out
* Organize and maintain electronic files of correspondence * Coordinate patient schedules and maintain patient files
* Coordinate office services such as communications and information management
* Purchase supplies as needed
* Interpret and communicate operating policies
* Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.