Energize your career with one of Healthcares fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, its a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the worlds leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Provider Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing the workforce of HouseCalls Practitioners from a logistical and operational perspective. Provider Relations Coordinators analyze market data, review scheduling conditions, forecast production, and identify trends to present information for operational and business planning. Working collaboratively with field managers, the Provider Relations Coordinator ensures the HouseCalls Practitioners are effectively scheduled and utilized to minimize travel time and maximize scheduling and visit completion within their assigned market.
The Provider Relations Coordinator reports to the Regional Lead and partners in supporting short and long term operational business activities by developing, enhancing, and maintaining operational information and models.
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication with the Clinical Team Managers in the field within assigned territory
- Conduct market specific analysis to manage capacity according to current production requirements and constraints
- Responsible for assuring practitioners have loaded required hours of availability and assignments are made in a timely fashion
- Execute practitioner assignments that ensure target outcomes are achieved within assigned territory
- Ensure effective communication with other teams to assure Provider Relations issues are managed quickly and efficiently
- Monitor production in assigned territory and work with key stakeholders to develop and maintain strategies that address deficiencies
- Submit timely and accurate reports regarding production in assigned territory
- Provide quality assistance to HouseCalls Practitioner field by quickly and efficiently addressing practitioner concerns
- Achieve performance metrics related to telephonic quality assurance